Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How to cook Veggie Meatballs with Gravy

Today I prepared a dish and I call it Veggie Meatballs with Gravy.  This is my first time to cook this dish and I got the idea from my vegetarian friend Glenn and brother Mervin. (Thanks to you guys!)  I just added a little twist for the benefit of those who eat meat. 

Veggie Meatballs

If you are on a tight budget this dish is perfect for you and your family. Aside from being affordable it is very healthy. Kangkong is rich in Vitamin C which is good for the skin.

Ingredients:
 ½ kilo ground pork, 01 taling kangkong, 1/2 clove ng bawang, 01 sibuyas, 02 itlog, flour, salt, pepper & gravy mix

Preparation:
Make sure you wash your pork and kangkong first. Mince the kangkong, bawang and sibuyas and add ground pork in a bowl. Add itlog (beaten first), flour, salt and pepper. It’s up to you how salty or spicy you want it. Once you combine all the ingredients you will see a texture of a regular burger patty. Just shape it into balls and fry it in a pan. Better if you use butter to fry it. Gravy mix is very easy to make most of the time. All you have to do is just add hot water but what I did was I cooked it in a sauce pan and I added a few pieces of boiled shrimp (cut to small pieces).

For PHP 150 this is the end product.


There you have it. My own version of Veggie Meatballs with Gravy. Happy cooking!

- Kwento ni Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment