Sunday, July 24, 2011

Flatter your face shape: Which hairstyle works for you?


Your hairstyle can either enhance or diminish your appearance. I'm sure most of you will agree with me. Do you remember feeling so ugly the last time you had a bad hair day?

Yesterday I had a haircut so today I would like to talk about certain shapes of faces and what type of hairstyle or bangs will suit these.

Oval-shaped face
I fall under this category. Any type of bangs, hairstyle or any hair parting will suit people under this category. Lucky for us, right? :) However I cannot do a very short haircut because I'm afraid I might be mistaken for a boy. I am not that tall and slender, you know. Haha! Below photos will prove that for oval-shaped face you can do anything you want with your hair.


Round face 
If your face is round most of the time your concern is your cheeks. So the advisable bangs for you is something that will minimize or soften the roundness of your face. Full straight bangs or side bangs will work best for you.


Square-shaped face
For those of you who have a square-shaped face, you need a haircut that will balance your look and will bring out your femininity. No bangs just might work for you. Also, a layered haircut that falls on your jawline is suitable because it will frame your face well. Side-swept bangs can also do the trick to give you a softer look.


There are many types of face shapes but I focused on these three because most of my friends fall under these categories. 

If in doubt, always consult with your hairstylist.

On a final note, I leave you with these words... "Make the blow dryer your best friend and you can say goodbye to bad hair days."

- Kwento ni Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment